This year has been difficult for us in more than one way. Austin and I have learned to deal with more than we thought we would ever need to, but bringing the year to an end has taught us a lot. I think we have learned so much more about each other, we have learned more about our life as a couple and how strong we really are.
Austin went back to school this year. This was a blessing in disguise. He was ready for a change and with the economy at the poop it was a good time...kind of. It was hard for us to accommodate his new career choice. Being a Fireman isn't easy, it has tested him and I. He worked a full time job and many hours of school and studying with still trying to fit me in there somewhere. He is officially EMT certified and takes his Firefighter test this weekend.
Job hunting is in full effect, this is the hard part. He finished all the school and now I pray everyday that he will find something that he loves. He is such a great person and he loves the challenge and fight of being a fireman. I know he will do a great job. I am so proud of him and knowing he is risking his life doing this career makes my husband my hero.
With all this going on I am here dealing with my stupid health. I know I said I thought I found something that was working but blood work says different. Time to make a change. It is so scary to me, I have new side effects to deal with, new things to investigate like pregnancy (hopefully one day..ughhh), new insurance to look at, and much more. What will be best for me? What should I do, so much has been trial and error I hate it. I am so tired of feeling like this. I just want to be healthy again. Why can't I just re-image my body like they did my laptop at work last week. I want to start over......
But since I can't...guess I just have to make a decision and move on. I will probably start this new medication in Jan or Fed. My Doctor wanted me to get past the holiday without worrying about it..little does he know, I WORRY ABOUT IT.
I think that is why I have been so home sick. I just want someone there, I want my Mom there. When we are sick...who doesn't want their Mom. I want to be closer, I want some stable friends that will be there when Austin is at his over night stays at the fire house. I want my family....but looking back through this year, we have been blessed. This could have been so much worse for us. We are still here, we have a house and food in the cabinets. I have a great job and Austin has had the opportunity to go back to school. My family is healthy and we are all just blessed to have the love and support that we do.
I guess this is enough for now. For Christmas we are going to New Mexico, I will post about that later on. Have a great holiday season!
1 comment:
Awwww this was a tear jerker!!!!!! Still bawling! Love you sis!
Post a Comment