Family Picture in Santa Fe!! Thought I would start out with something fun and pretty!
I think we need something or someone for Roxy to play with, Austin is starting to play tug a-war with her....NOT GOOD. HAHAH
BACK TO THE TRIP:
DAY 1: We were blessed to have Austin's Grandparents come with us and we stayed at Anette's cabin in Angle Fire. We got there about 3 o'clock on Tuesday and was welcomed into a nice and warm place. We had a sleigh ride that evening that was to end with a steak dinner in a "cabin". So we get all our warm gear on and head down to the sleigh, which we knew before hand that it was going to be a wagon if there wasn't enough snow. There was some on the ground but just not enough. We get there and right away we almost got stuck in the mud, so this was turning out to be a great trip!!! YIKES.
Here you can see the snow and mud...but all is still good at this point. I am so excited, I have never done anything like this before (and will never again).
My hubby and I!!
We are about to leave, we got animal hide to keep us warm. Interesting....
So now back to the fun stuff....we were on our way and let me tell you our driver guy was something else. His name was Jack....how do I remember that you may ask? Well he started off our ride with this saying:
"My name is Jack and if you can't remember that then you don't know Jack"
Well needless to say I REMEMBERED.
He was an interesting guy, he talked and talked and talked. I am not sure how much of what he said was true but it was kind of interesting. So on our journey we get to a spot where the hill was just too muddy for the horses. They kept slipping and couldn't pull our big ol' booties. We offered to get out but JACK demanded that we did not. OKAY MISTER JACK. We almost tipped that time but he managed to get the horses to back up and we went a different route.
So along the new route we get to that same hill on the other side, and once again the horses just couldn't do it. Well Jack was getting mad at this time. He was whipping the horses and yelling at them...ahhh I was freaking out by this time. I could see my life flash before my eyes the horses had enough and just didn't want to do it so they tried to turn and jack knifed the wagon. ughhhh THAT MEANS WE GO DOWN. And we did, I yelled "We are going over" hahah and there we went.
The best I can remember it all happening is we started to fall and everything just came at my face and I was sliding. I remember seeing white and dark and then we stopped. As soon as I composed myself Austin was pulling me up and my tailbone was in mucho pain. But there was his grandparents I was worried about.
Here is the fall and slide....That is where the wagon ended up, the wheel was gone and the wagon was ruined.
This is the beginning of the fall and then we were pulled for who knows how long.
After all was said and done:
I- bruised my tailbone and was extremely sore.
Austin- Sore forearm and leg.
Austin Mom- Going to doctor to get chest and arm checked out and bruised tailbone.
Austin Grandma- Broke wrist in 3 places, has cast.
Everyone else was just bloody and sore.
Honestly we were very blessed to have the good Lord look after us, this could have been so much worse and I am happy to say we all are alive.
See we are happy again:)
The next day we went skiing!! Austin and I were dying to go, it had been 3 years so we had a great time. I got wore out pretty quick but got my ski drive in.
This guy drove around with his dog on his quad. I want to teach Roxy how to do that!!
And we saw so many deer, antelope and well that was it I guess. It was cool they didn't seem to mind us being there and taking pictures.
We got back to the Larrabee house on Friday and I pretty much posted my booty in front of the fireplace. Roxy seemed to join me most of the time too, this cold is not doing too much for me.
And MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, it was hard not to be home but we made it though.

No comments:
Post a Comment