Well I have about exasperated about all I can with my current doctor. I have tried medicine after medicine after medicine. Nothing works, nothing at all. So when Austin and I went in last month to start once again something new I asked him "What happens if this doesn't work? It seems like I have tried everything, am I out of options?" I thought I knew what I didn't want to hear but in the end I think it was the words from God.
"No, we have other options still.....well to be honest, Yes we are out of options. I was thinking maybe you should go see someone who specializes in just Crohn's"
First thought: NOOOOOOOOOOO cry, cry, cry how can I be out of options. I am not better, what am I going to do. Cry Cry Cry.
Well the medicine the first day showed signs of a reaction and I stopped a few days later. I can't live like that, I don't care how much I wanted it to work, I was absolutely miserable.
So stressing and thinking and crying and thinking and talking to my mom and Austin we decided we are going to try KU Medical Center. I did a ton of research on it and the specialized doctors in my area I watched speak at a seminar I attended one time. This makes me happy. They will have me see a dietitian along with whoever else I need to see.
I got a call from them within a day of requesting an appt and they said the doctor and his team is reviewing my records and will get back with me to set up an appt in a week. HOLY COW. I finally feel good about this, I feel like this is where I am supposed to go.
Only time will tell how this new doctor goes but for me I am super positive and know I will be better this year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment