Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Dad is my Hero!

Have you ever looked up to someone so much that it hurts? Have you ever tried so hard to make someone proud? Have you ever loved someone so much it makes your heart happy?

This is my Dad. I love him so much and I strive to make him proud. He has been my mentor my coach and most important my hero. I have been a daddy's girl from day 1. I was a tomboy at heart and I just wanted to do everything he did. When my brother left for school I was so happy to step up as his sidekick! It made me so happy to have him call on me when he needed help.



My Dad pushed me like nobody else could. I never wanted to let him down so I worked as hard as I could to do my best. He was my coach in everything thing I played, I believe he is why I went to college to play soccer. He was so proud to see me sign and I was even more proud to see him proud. My Dad never let me fail, he always picked me up when I was down. He pushed me to always do my best and that is one thing I am so grateful for. He will never know how much I value his opinion, how much I feel comfort in just talking to him, how much I just want him to tell me that things will be okay.
I married my husband because he reminded me of my Dad. I looked for someone who had the same values, the same beliefs, the same love for life and the same love for me. When Austin asked me to marry him and told me that my Dad gave him his blessing I was beyond blessed. I knew if my Dad approved then he was the one!

I remember when I was a freshman in college. We were at an away game for soccer. We were about 3 games into the season and it was going great, until for the first time in my life I didn't start. Oh my gosh you would have thought the world ended. After the game I called my Dad balling my eyes out. I felt like such a failure, I just wanted him there to tell me it was okay. I was on my own but he was there, he told me to never stop pushing to do my best. That this was only a reason to try even harder, to push even further. Being 18 hours away he knew just what I needed to hear. I just needed him to tell me he was still proud and he was there for me no matter what.


My Dad is my hero. My Dad is my best friend. My Dad is the man I want my husband to be to his kids. I am so blessed that he is my Dad. I am so blessed that he will be my kids Grandpa. This makes me happy because he is the coolest guy I know.


My Dad is someone who will never give up on me, he always is there with a hand on my shoulder leading me in the right direction. He is someone I call just to ask how do I do this? What does this mean? And he always has the answer.



He is so funny and this just shows it.



To sum it all up I just love this man. He has been such an inspiration in my life and I cherish every memory I have with him and look forward to the many more to come. Thank you Dad for your love and support. Thank you for being you and for loving me. Happy Fathers Day! I wish so bad I could be there to tell you in person but know that you are always in my heart and on my mind. I love you Dad!

1 comment:

Brenden+Nikki said...

This was so sweet :). You really do have a great family!

Roxy

Roxy
Our Little Girl