As I sit here struggling to keep my tired eyes open for another 2 hours just to say I stayed awake to bring in the new year I am reminiscing on what 2011 had in store for me. It wasn't a year I will look back on and say "oh man how I loved 2011" but it all leads me to where I am at right this moment.
This year was full of struggles, sickness, travels, family, hotel stays, job changes, house projects, life changes, and health achievements. Austin and I have almost been married 5 years and I think we went through more this year than any other but what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. And let me tell you, this past year has made us both stronger: mentally, physically and spiritually.
We made the decision that I needed a new doctor and what a God send he has been. I have been feeling so much better and hope for high health and good things to come in 2012.
Austin finished the fire academy and with lots of hard work, many struggles and lots and lots of testing finally landed a Fire Fighter job in Arizona. I am so proud of him, he is such an amazing man to put his life at risk to help others. But this is what he is meant to do. He loves it and he is so proud of what he does. He works hard and is very dedicated to his job. It has been hard for our family to be apart but we know that we will be together soon and the next chapter of our life is going to begin as soon as God tells us to start it.
We welcomed our little nephew Jerard this year. He is such a bundle of joy and brings so much love to our family. He is a Grandpops boy if I had ever seen one but we all get smiles from him now and again.
We took the huge step to put our house on this crazy market. I had once thought in my crazy mind that it would sell in 2 weeks and I would be out and about to start the rest of my life in Arizona but boy was I wrong. How could I ever doubt the big Man upstairs. He knows our path and when he is ready we will be together again. I have learned a lot being here. Patiences is definitely one of them. I have learned that I CAN open that jar in the fridge, haha seriously I am more than ready to be with my husband again and will embrace the day that happens.
Now 2012 will be great for us because I just know it will. I do have a lot of new years resolutions: I am going to strive to be as healthy as I can. That would include eating better, taking my vitamins, drinking more water and keeps my Crohn's in check!
I want to get in great shape.
I want to start the next chapter in our lives with Austin and our family!
I will post about my Christmas in the next one, I need to get some pictures from the other familia members!!!
Now that just burned a whole 15 min...dang it
Love and kisses to all...HAPPY NEW YEAR:)
No comments:
Post a Comment