Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Our Not so Fun weekend

We were excited to celebrate the 27 years of life of my husband which we did on Friday by going to his favorite restaurant of all times......RED LOBSTER. I don't know why he is obsessed with that place but he really is. I didn't want to go there but hey he was the birthday boy and he got to choose. So once we both got home from work and settled in we got ready to go for dinner. Upon waiting an hour (ugh thought we were in a recession here) we finally got seated and ordered our food. I just got chicken fingers (I know...at a sea food place and I get chicken) because I hadn't been feeling too well that night and thought sea food wouldn't be the best thing for me. So after dinner we went back home and watched the new Fast and the Furious (on our new TV by the way:))
*I guess I better rephrase that---Austin watched Fast and the Furious while I generously slept on him.

So lets fast forward to 3am...I was awaken by pain, and I am no sissy but man this was pain I never experienced before. I was moving, walking, laying, stretching, sitting, crying, trying to breath and nothing would take it away. Not that I wanted to, I woke up Austin and told him I didn't know what to do about this pain and he sleepily said "Go take a shower". I was ready to do anything so I did, and just sat there and sat there and sat there. Nope pain didn't go away. So 3 hours pass and it is time for Austin to get up for work and I am still in deep pain and we decide to go to the Emergency. I was not wanting to but I honestly needed to. Luckily I got right in and after an hour of questions being answered, blood being taken and almost trowing up from this thick liquid I had to drink they finally gave me pain meds to make me feel better. They ended up doing an ultrasound and found gall stones....Ahhh haaa that is why I haven't been feeling good for the last 3 months I think to myself. So I have an appt in 9 days to see a specialist to see if I need my gall bladder taken out. I just want to feel better and that is it, so I am ready to deal with anything that is thrown my way.

I did feel well enough to go down to Ottawa's homecoming game which was nice because we saw lots of old friends but left early to get some sleep. I have been feeling off and on for the past week and am fully looking forward to my appt next week. Until then I will keep you updated...

Adios for now

2 comments:

Tiffany & Danny said...

you need a new doctor!!!!!!!
That's all I'm gonna say!

Anonymous said...

I was diagnosed with Gall Stones when I was 5 months pregnant with baby #2. They wouldnt risk doing surgery while i was preganat so i was put on a very low fat diet, and I had the gall bladder removed 2 months after Zac was born. I had MAJOR complications and was in the hospital for a week instead of the 1 day I should have been. I was on a morphine drip every 10 minutes. It was the worst experience of my life! Did you ever get your out? Your newer posts still talk about you being sick and not knowing why??

Roxy

Roxy
Our Little Girl