Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

What a great couple of weeks it has been! Halloween is over and done with (although my decorations are still up and it is December 1st..ughhh) Thanksgiving is over and done with and now it is CHRISTMAS TIME!!!! I love this time of year. I love the smell of my house when we put our REAL tree in there and I love all the decorations!!! But before I get on that subject I must reminisce on Thanksgiving.

A few weeks before Thanksgiving Carcy, Vickie and I went to see Wicked. This is how excited we were....

CarcyMe
Vickie
And it was finally time...we had a wonderful time and the musical was excellent!!!

Here is a picture of Austin and I before we headed to dinner. Kinda dark sorry

For Thanksgiving this year we went back to the Larrabee's house. It was a long trip with 2 dogs a car full of guns, hunting gear and my one little suitcase because I had to pack light. We made it there on Wednesday and had a great time. I relaxed while Austin hunted. He went out every chance he could, I really didn't see him at all them 4 days.
Yes, I know I look awkward holding his gun but I didn't want to drop it. I know how to shoot and I am good so don't mess with me. In this picture they just got back from shooting 2 coyotes and a couple of doves...(I think that is the bird they were hunting)

In this picture there is Blake, Steve, Bill and Kevin.

Oh and Sammy...she is such a sweet boxer. Austin's parents rescued her and now she is the most loving girl.
Austin, Blake and Kevin back from a day out shooting stuff.

Haha this is a funny story....So they wanted to get a picture with Austin and I, Steve insisted I hold the dove they shot. Ughhh I attempted but it was still kinda moving and that kinda creeped me out so I chickened out and decided to just let it lay on Austin's shoulder. The only thing was is that it kept moving and falling off. So that is why I look awkward\scared and hidden behind him. I was just sure someone was going to throw that dang thing on me or something.

Here is Austin in all his glory. He is a mans man that is for sure. He sure does love hunting!

And now I must take the time this Thanksgiving and realize all that I am thankful for. It hasn't been the best of years for us but it sure has put lots of things into perspective. I take a step back and realize all I am thankful for and there are sure a lot.
-I am first and foremost thankful for my loving husband. He is anything and everything to me. He has been amazing support throughout my illness this year and he is such an incredible man.
-My family and his, we couldn't ask for better parents. They are so supportive and loving. We are blessed to have them in our lives.
-I am thankful to have a house to live in and food in our fridge. It has been a tough year in the economy and for us as well but we have survived and learned so much.
-I am thankful for Roxy, she has brought so much love into our home. I couldn't imagine our lives without her.
-Our friends, we are thankful for good friends.
-Our jobs, we sure wouldn't be where we are now without them.
-there is so much more we are thankful for this year but I will end this on God. We couldn't have survived this year without the following of God. We are thankful for always being able to follow Him and always being able to count on Him when things were hard for us.
So going into this Christmas season we are thankful for lots of things and we are looking forward to entering into 2010 with a new outlook on life.

No comments:

Roxy

Roxy
Our Little Girl