Don't we all look so happy!!!
We arrived there on Friday and woke up to work calves Saturday morning. When I was told I was giving shots I am not going to lie I though Austin's Dad was kidding. This family is full of jokes so you never know.
So I get out there with Austin's Mom and he wasn't kidding. I really did have to give shots. I mean I know I give my own shot but for real....I have to pierce these cows thick skin twice and hope to not mess up or do something wrong. Oh man I am shaking in my boots at this time.
I get the low down on how to do it and I am full in, 100% cowgirl. haha
Here is Austin branding:
Here is Austin branding:
Proof that I really did do it!
That is the shot gun, glad my shots don't look like that. eekkkk
Blake was the Ear Tagger
Austin was the Brander
I was the shot giver
Steve (Austin's Dad) cut the balls out
The old guy roped the foot
This is the aftermath of the work day.
Me being the motherly figure I am didn't like hurting the cows, especially the really little ones. But anyways so I would talk to them, tell them it was okay and it would only hurt for a min. Well after a few dozen of them come through I think the boys were starting to get annoyed and maybe the cows too. One of them dang cows flung poop on me. Let me be a little more specific, flung poop on my FACE. UGHHHH it was so sick..Austin's Dad yells out, "keep your mouth shut and you won't get poop in it" OKAY OKAY no more talking to the cows for me.
Well enjoy you may get a little surprise in the next few weeks! No I am not prego....
2 comments:
I didn't know you married a cowboy! I love that you do that stuff with his family! I love going branding, but hate the smell! What a fun time together as a family. I bet they really enjoyed your help!
Oh Ton! the poo story made me laugh, lol... I think I'd feel bad too. I love reading your blogs. Miss you!
Post a Comment